Re: Meeting Invitation – Nov 21, 2015 1:00pm-3:00pm – Sir Frederick Banting Secondary School
Dear Northwest London Community Members,
On November 21st I need your help to chart a course for our community for the next few years. We have a dynamic community of individuals, service clubs, parents, schools, organizations, businesses and religious institutions. These organizations in our community are partnering and working together planning wonderful events and programming for this corner of the City. It is my hope that we can build on that and take it to the next level by bringing together these groups/clubs/organizations and interested residents to brainstorm ideas on how we can make this the community one of the best places to live in Southwestern Ontario.
With that in mind, I would like to have a general meeting of the Ward residents, with specific invitations to community groups and organizations in our area, to start brainstorming where we can go together. I also want to touch on a critical topic for our community: how we can better help those who need it most, especially when tragedy strikes. The fire in the Limberlost Community saw a generous outpouring of support from the community, but also a lack of structure to effectively deal with managing that support efficiently. I’d like to talk as a community about how we can learn from the most recent (and ongoing) experience and be better prepared in the future.
Both sessions will be professionally facilitated by Jennifer Kirkham. Please let me know if you can attend, and again please share widely.
Here is a brief agenda and details of the meeting:
Ward 7 Annual Fall Community Meeting
Saturday November 21, 1:00-3:00pm
Banting Secondary School (in the Cafeteria)
1) 2015 Ward Update – Councillor Josh Morgan
– An update from the Ward Councillor on the past year in the Ward 7 Community and the City of London
2) Community Emergency Response Planning
– A facilitated brainstorming discussion about how community organizations and individuals in our area can be better prepared to assist when tragedy strikes.
3) Working Together – Mapping a Community Plan
– A facilitated brainstorming discussion about the kind of community we want to build together. This will include a discussion about how to better connect active community members/organizations.
4) Wrap Up
Thanks, as always, for all you do in our community,
Please help share this information by forwarding/sharing this message. There is also a Facebook event page at: www.facebook.com/events/1514805332177061/